Thursday, 30 October 2014

Let's Go Ride A Bike!




Today has been a good day. It had all the trappings to be a bad hard one from the minute I woke up but the promised bike expedition along the beach fronts of the Dorset coastline turned out to be the perfect tonic. I digress.

As I mentioned in my previous post with the opportunity to bring our bikes with us on this half term holiday, the girls were eager to get out and about on them as soon as we could. This is something I've been wanting to do for ages and now my bike is down here, I don't intend taking it home again only to gather dust in the garage.

So with this balmy autumn weather delivering an idyllic day (see I didn't jinx it!) and a picnic packed under strict instructions "we need to be quick Mummy!" from YD (youngest daughter) we headed off on our planned route.

Coffee & homemade biscuits kept us going along the way...


YD ensured we stayed on course...


Whilst ED (Eldest Daughter) took great pleasure in cycling through muddy puddles. Well she is a bit old now for jumping in them now!


Ah... space on the open road!



I love the feeling of freedom I get as I cycle along. Breathing in the fresh sea air; the wind through my hair and the chance to properly soak up my surroundings. Spotting things I wouldn't normally notice in my daily travels; seeing my usual vista from a slightly different perspective. It's the perfect time to be in the moment.

The reflection of the beach huts in the still waters.


... and the autumn sunshine peeping through casting it's beautiful shadow.


As we sit here waiting for Mr LMLD to join us for the rest of the holiday, the girls are excitedly plotting their next bike trip out and my spirits feel lifted from a day collecting more special moments.

I hope your week is going well.

xxxx







No comments: