Sunday, 2 November 2014

October Insta-Moments

October has flown by in a fusion of seasons and whilst I have resigned myself to the arrival of Autumn and will try and embrace it (I am not a lover of this time of year), I am truly grateful for the Indian Summer it has given us this last week. 

It's been a down to business kind of month. The girls firmly settled back in their school routine with homework and after-school activities dominating the weekly diary whilst getting our "house in order" has been on mine and Mr LMLD's agenda. Work hard, play hard is my motto and I have made sure there has been time to enjoy life's pleasures...  


Indulging in toad in the hole with red onion gravy... one of my favourite comfort foods.



For one night only, the traditional fair in town. I've been going since I was six!



Escaping for 24 hours "sans enfants" thanks to my Dad. A leisurely lunch by the sea and QT with Mr LMLD....a good time was had by all!



Brightening up evenings with a new favourite candle - St Eval "Sensuality" - a gorgeous blend of nutmeg, citrus and ginger.



Coming home from an evening out to find a present and note from ED on my bedside. One of those "melt your heart" moments.



Spending a Saturday afternoon wandering around the gorgeous shops of Stockbridge, finding things that make me smile.



Making the most of the sunny half term with my girls - love, laughter and plenty of of ice-creams!

And finally, turning my dream of creating a blog into reality. It has most definitely been the highlight of October and will certainly be one for the year!

You can follow Like Mother Like Daughter here on Instagram for more Insta-moments!


No comments: