Wednesday, 17 December 2014

All I want for Christmas...



"I don't want a lot for Christmas *breaks into Mariah Carey*, there is just one thing I need, I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree..." Karaoke never was my forte.

A friend recently said to me "Everything in life that matters is invisible". This year, and this Christmas those words have never felt or rung more true. Love, family, friendship, health... all the things that no amount of money can buy. Those are things I really want this Christmas.

I won't lie, these last few weeks I have found the lead up to the festivities hugely overwhelming and I have am struggling... we all are. However, as Mummy would say "You have two little girls to think about". Mummy, I'm listening.

With everything now organised, deep down somewhere inside I can begin to feel a little glimmer of excitement. I'm yearning for the girls to finish school and for us to head down to the coast for two weeks of doing what matters most. Precious time with my husband and my girls; blowing away the cobwebs with walks on my favourite beach; giving my Dad a happy a Christmas as possible with his granchildren; fun with good friends; taking care of myself; getting 2015 off to the best possible start.

So as I take some time out for a week or so, I just want to say a huge thank you for reading and supporting me and my blog and I hope Christmas and the New Year bring you and your families everything you wish for.

Joanna

xxxx

No comments: