Sunday, 8 February 2015

#52memories - The One Where Catherine and Daniel Got Engaged!

So there I am sat quietly on Friday evening when Whatsapp pings on my phone with a message from my second cousin in South Africa, Louise. "Final surprise of the week:Catherine and Daniel got engaged tonight!!!!!" And a flurry of excited photo's followed.

Without going through the whole family tree, Catherine and Louise are sisters along with Sarah and are daughters of Mummy's cousin Sue.

So down to business and the proposal... now listen up chaps! Daniel proposed IN FRONT of the family! Not only that he designed Catherine's beautiful engagement ring! What can I say to that except "Catherine he's definitely a keeper!"

Photo courtesty of Louise Gibbon

You know that feeling you get when you hear some really fantastic news, that makes you really, really happy and smile from ear to ear? That. I am so, so thrilled for Catherine & Daniel and I can just see Mummy's beaming smile now.

This is one of those times when I am truly grateful for the digital world in which we live, allowing us to share in the excitement and joy of wonderfully special moments in our family's lives even though we are thousands of miles apart.

Congratulations Catherine and Daniel!

xxxx

No comments: