Wednesday, 11 February 2015

It's A Good Day To Have A Good Day!

Image from designspiration.net

Earlier today I posted this picture on my Instagram account and whilst I was out walking it got me thinking. What is it about today that is making it a good day? It's just a fairly normal Wednesday for me filled with the usual domestic chores, school runs and work. There's nothing special happening; the sun isn't shining and it's cold; yesterday's worries are still today's worries. So what's different? Why today does everything feel easier, calmer, manageable? Why today do the tears not flow like they did yesterday or the day before? Why today does life look rosy? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I guess I'm just questioning the unpredictableness in which these days occur.

The answer, quite simply, is "I don't know". I've not done anything differently to make today any better than any other. All I know is, it's a feeling. Inside I feel energised, inspired, motivated and able. My friend E put it beautifully as our conversation moved from another friend's stair dilemma to our children's teacher woes: "We're full of silver linings today!"

One of my favourite things to do is to get in the car and drive, preferably down to the coast, with some of good tunes on the radio. As I drive my worries seem to float away and life, just for a while, feels good. I often wish I could bottle that feeling and drink from it everyday. Maybe by remembering it I can.

What makes a good day for you?

Joanna

xxxx



1 comment:

Samantha Schofield said...

Lovely honest post, I learnt in my pregnancy yoga to visualise a happy place and the feeling when you are there. It's been great for me through those early Mamma days to close my eyes and think what my yoga teacher said!
Samantha