Monday, 30 March 2015

#52memories - A Catch Up!

This year seems to be whizzing by already and it's been a while since I captured my #52memories so a catch up is well overdue!


#52memories Week 9 - enjoying the Spring sunshine watching rugby with my Dad at The Stoop, home to The Harlequins Rugby Union Club. My Dad is an avid rugby fan and with his grandson too young to understand the game, sports keen eldest daughter has taken up the mantle honourably and enjoys nothing more than spending an afternoon with him watching live rugby union. It's become "their thing" to do together which is just so lovely. I tag along occasionally and if it's an afternoon like this with glorious spring sunshine and some eye candy in the form of 30 strapping rugby players, then I'm not complaining!



#52memories Week 10 - what better way to kick off (sorry still got those rugby players on my mind!) begin Mother's Day weekend than with a Mummy/Daughter shopping trip. Having not been for many years and in search for some new shopping inspiration ED and I headed off to Guildford for the day. Our first port of call was Giraffe where we filled up on brunch ahead of some retail therapy. I love this age ED is at; we have conversations, share jokes, value each other's opinions; I'm making the most of it because I know it won't be too long until she's spending all her time with friends. But like Mummy and I, I know those times will return too.



#52memories Week 11 - and on that note, I finally got to sit down and read Leigh Van Der Horst's beautifully written "Without My Mum" her own heartfelt story of losing her beloved mother to cancer in 2008. A friend brought Leigh to my attention some month's ago via Instagram and I've been waiting eagerly to read her book which I knew would be both comforting and inspiring as I continue to deal with my own grief. I'll be writing a separate post about it very soon.



#52memories Week 12 - my gorgeous nephew turned 3 this week and when I asked my sister what he wanted and she said clothes, I knew exactly where to go. From the very first day she became a Nonna (she was too young to be a granny!), Mummy, with her impeccable taste, would head to Ragamuffin, a beautiful children's boutique right here in Alresford where we live, to dress her grandchildren in the most beautifully stylish outfits. And birthday's definitely meant a new outfit! So whilst ED has sadly outgrown their beautiful clothes, I've decided that for YD, my niece and nephew, it's a tradition that I am going to continue. For my nephew I chose a rather cute Frugi Organic t-shirt with a camper van on the front and Lilly & Sid check shorts. With his beach blonde hair he's going to look very gorgeous!

Until next week...

Joanna

xxxx

No comments: