Saturday, 12 September 2015

This Little Piggy....

...is just THE most perfect place to escape to.

What better way to begin our week away "sans enfants" than with a stay at THE PIG - on the Beach, situated in Studland, Dorset.

Having eaten at its little sister, THE PIG - at Brockenhurst, on many occasions, I've been waiting a LONG time for the opportunity to treat ourselves to an overnight stay and tuck into the delights this gorgeous litter of  boutique hotels has to offer. Oh my, what a treat is was!

Ever since I first saw the hotel I've always been enchanted by its Hansel and Gretel style charm and prettiness. Luxurious yet homely throughout in its signature shabby chic style; sumptuous four poster beds; freestanding roll top baths; walk-in monsoon showers; a larder stocked full of goodies; Shepherds Huts that have been transformed into the most charming treatment rooms I've ever had a massage in; the stunning scenery over Studland Bay and Old Harry's Rocks; a stay at THE PIG - on the Beach is your very own fairytale.

 

The signature conservatory restaurant

The entrance to our room which felt more like
our own little apartment and reminded me of 
the deluxe villa we stayed in on Baros in The Maldives

Our bedroom, a Comfy Luxe, was just that.
 I loved every part of it!

A freestanding, roll top bath - the ultimate 
bathroom luxury that deserved more than one dip

#ihavethisthingwithfloors

A larder laden with goodies and (most importantly!) a Nespresso
 machine is definitely my kind of larder!

It's all about the detail at THE PIG. I fell in love
with these gorgeous striped beach mats which 
were in our room for our use 


Havens of tranquility, a 60 minute de-stress
massage down in one of the beautifully transformed
Shepherd's Huts worked wonders on my very tight,
 stressed neck, shoulders and back.


A pre-dinner G&T Piggy-style was a real highlight. I could just sit
for hours taking in the stunning views over Studland Bay. 
And I love the idea of serving a G&T in these glass handled mason jars, 
I won't be serving my G&T's any other way from now on! 


We dined in the lantern lit conservatory where "Piggy Bits" are 
a must.  Hock Eggs and Saddleback Crackling are not to be missed!


Waking up to these breathtaking views was another
highlight. If only this was my view every morning...


So with the only decision to be made as to which coastal walk to take, whether to have another glass of bubbly or whether to take another dip in the roll top bath, relaxing and switching off was really very easy. Would we go back? I'm certainly planning hoping to!

With huge reluctance we waved THE PIG - on the Beach goodbye, grateful, however, for the laid back luxe tone it set for the rest of our time away. With no fixed plans our days continued in a beautiful organic fashion enjoying one brunch/lunch/beachwalk/glass of wine/supper before deciding what to do next. Absolute bliss!

I can't leave this post without saying an enormous thank you to our friends, E & A, who looked after our youngest daughter for us, allowing us to have this precious time away. There is a large IOU with their names on it!

Have a lovely weekend!

xxxx

No comments: