Saturday, 24 October 2015

Sleeping easy this weekend with Long Barn

It feels like it's been a long week! I'm tired and very grateful for the extra hour in bed this weekend to catch up on some zzzz....

Now more than ever I've become very precious about my sleep, I simply can't burn the candle at both ends and expect to function properly anymore. So I've become quite strict with myself in ensuring I get plenty of early nights to guarantee a solid 8 hours a night.

Getting to sleep however, is not always that easy when I'm really tired. I become like an overtired toddler and really struggle to get off to sleep. I've learnt now to recognise this and try and practice as many good pre-bed time habits as I can - no alcohol, warm bath, no iphone reading, a quiet, tidy bedroom - anything to calm my mind and body down.

So I was super happy when I found out this week I'd won one of Long Barns Natural Lavender Pillow Sprays, kindly nominated by an old school friend in a competition Long Barn ran on their Facebook page. Something else in my armour to banish sleep time blues!


Made from their own lavender essential oils, a gorgeous calming spray
 to help you sleep easy and its compact size means I can take 
it with me when I'm away.

I'm a huge fan of their Aromatherapy candles and this one made with
 their own lavender and bergamot smells beautiful and helps create 
a calming ambience in my bedroom. I couldn't resist treating myself
when I popped by to pick up my pillow spray!

For an extra special treat, I also love their Massage Oil. A wonderful 
blend of neroli, orange, lavender & rosemary. A little shoulder and 
neck massage from Mr LMLD helps relieve the stresses of the day.


Do you struggle to get off to sleep? I'd love to hear more hints and tips.

Wishing you all a restful weekend and don't forget to turn those clocks back!

Joanna

xxxx

PS - If you find yourself in or near Alresford this weekend or Half Term, do pop into Long Barn. Their shop is brimful of the most gorgeous blankets, hats, scarves & gloves all perfect for cosying up in now that Autumn is firmly here & gorgeous Halloween treats!

PPS - for more tips on sleeping easy, I like this article from my favourite Life Coach Jacqueline Hurst


No comments: