Wednesday, 6 January 2016

IF ROSES GROW IN HEAVEN

Photo credit: www.telegraph.co.uk
  
Today is my beautiful Mummy's Birthday. The day doesn't carry quite the heavy weight as it did in my blog post on her birthday last year here. Time is, as they say, a great healer. The pain and heartache of losing her still has a lot of healing to do, I miss her terribly. Every. Single. Day, But the "learning to live without" her, that's got easier. It's had to. I have no choice.

I was thinking about her - a lot - on New Year's Day morning, wishing a little text message would arrive on my phone from her "Wishing you a Happy New Year my Darlings". One didn't, of course,  and as so often happens at these times I turned to Pinterest for some comforting words. 

Whilst nothing quite fitted that morning I did find this beautiful poem which I saved to share today:


If Roses grow in Heaven
Lord, please pick a bunch for me,
Place them in my Mother's arms
and tell her they're from me.

Tell her that I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
place a kiss upon her cheek
and hold her for a while.

Because remembering her is easy,
I do it everyday,
but there's an ache within my heart
that will never go away.


Happy Birthday Mummy

Joanna
xxxx




No comments: