Sunday, 5 February 2017

TIME TO HIT REFRESH


Ah isn't it SO good to see and feel those first hints of Spring! The snowdrops coming out, the days starting to feel a bit longer and the sunshine, when it's out, feeling just a little bit warmer. And tulips -tulips EVERYWHERE! Instagram is awash with tulips, including my own feed, but they really are my favourites.


So with my favourite season for renewal, it's time for me to hit refresh with this blog. As I mentioned here, I have exciting plans for it this year: a new name, a new look and of course lots of lovely new content - all of which will be revealed in due course.



However, so that I can move forward with these plans, there won't be regular blog posts from me for the next few weeks, just the odd one popping up here and there. I have an exciting collaboration for Mother's Day so look out for that at the beginning of next month! Otherwise you can still find hanging out in my favourite world of Instagram with doses of daily inspiration, plenty of coffee and of course blooms and blooms of tulips!




And, just so you don't miss out on a little blog reading and in the essence of new beginnings and the season to flourish, here are three of my favourite new blogs which I love and I know will leave you feeling inspired:

 Image credit: Laura Butler-Madden

If like me you're passionate about property and interiors then head over to Laura Butler-Madden and prepare to be WOWED! Laura and I got chatting on Instagram last year as not only do we share a love for all things stylish, especially when it comes to the home, we also share a love for Majorca and  in particular Pollensa and Puerto Pollensa. Like I am about to, Laura has refreshed her blog with a gorgeous new look and as well as talking about her love of Majorca and other beautiful travel destinations around the world, Laura showcases her stunning property developments. Laura's latest project and current home in deepest Dorset is to die for, as is the beautifully countryside that surrounds Laura's home which she captures on her Instagram feed every day. I'm very much hoping our paths will cross this year, one day, maybe in Pollensa... ?!

Image credit: Wellies & Champagne

It's that funny time of year again when our wardrobes are in transition mode. We're desperate to shed the thick jumpers for something more springlike to brighten these grey February days. Look no further than Wellies & Champagne. I don't know about you, but I no longer turn to magazines for fashion and style inspiration. I turn to Instagram and blogs which is how I came to find Sara a former fashion buyer and founder of Wellies & Champagne. I'd been following Sara's Instagram feed for a while and openly admit that quite a few purchases have been made as a result - F&F Animal print winter coat,  Zara grey jumpers with frills, sparkly socks, sparkly trainers ... I'd better stop there! So I was really delighted when last September Sara launched her blog as well. No-nonsense styling advice about integrating the latest looks from the high street with your existing wardrobe. What's not to love! And now I see I'm going to be adding shoes with ruffles to my Spring lust list!

Image credit: lifestyleedit.net

Now I consider myself still pretty new to the blogosphere and I often feel like a very little fish in a very big pond, which can be VERY daunting at times. It's a very public world, where you're putting yourself out there, making yourself feel very vulnerable. The list of worries is endless and for someone like me who has lacked a lot of confidence and self-esteem over the years, it would be very easy to look at the numbers and think I'm not good enough. But what I'm learning more and more about the world of blogging is to focus on quality not quantity, i.e focus on creating good content and inspiring pictures and the rest will follow. And that's exactly what I said to fellow newbie blogger Elle of the lifestyleedit.net. Elle reached out to me on one of my Instagram posts last month, and I'm so glad she did as I was able to give her some reassurance to keep going on her blogging journey. Elle writes about all things life and style with beautiful passion so do hop over to her blog and her Instagram for daily inspiration!

Until next time!

Jo
xx

No comments: